Gallery

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Book Page Wreath

I am loving all of the projects using book pages that are showing up everywhere! I found a great tutorial at Makely Home for Girls blog. A trip to Habitat ReStore for some old paperbacks and a wreath form and I was set. My paperback book was really old and yellowed - just the way I wanted it to be! You really need a flat wreath form (in my opinion) for this to work properly and LOTS of glue sticks!! And I mean LOTS! But the most important item you need is a good ole #2 pencil so you don't burn your fingers like I did! I had blisters because I kept touching the same spots. Live and learn!

I have this hanging on the door of my sewing room and I love it.

3 comments:

  1. found you via nifty thrifty tuesdays! I made a wreath for my front door with this same idea and it does INDEED take a LOT of glue sticks. I surely wish I had thought of the pencil because I got a nasty blister on my finger!! But I loved how the wreath turned out. Definitely a flat form is needed. Mine is posted here:

    http://belindafurby.blogspot.com/2013/01/happy-new-year-front-door-wreath.html

    So glad to have come across you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just caught up on your blog! Loved it and the wreath! Great frilly touch and clever idea. Must try that soon.

      Delete