Gallery

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Guest Room Redo

Welcome to my blog! Today has been a cold one here in NC. No gardening today, but I am in my sewing room where I can always find inspiration. I wanted to share a few photos of some recent DIY projects for one of my guest rooms.  I needed a headboard for a new set of mattresses so I was on the hunt at my favorite thrift store here in Denver. It didn't take long for the perfect one to show up! I bought this for $12.50! It was natural finished maple but that just wouldn't do for what I had planned. I brought it home - it barely fit in my car - then proceeded to transform it. I painted it and that was it! I also snagged a beautiful oak desk chair ($8.00) that really wasn't in bad condition but I wanted to use it in the same guest room so, you guessed it, I painted it red too! I love it. I added new casters and the burlap pillow. Of course, that wasn't all I bought at the thrift store that day. I also scored 4 shutters at $2.00 each. I painted one pair red and used them as window treatments. I love the look of the guest room and so did my first guests. I have lots of DIY projects to show you so come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment