Gallery

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Trailing Wisteria

It has been forever since my last post, but I am back!!! I wanted to share with you the new garden trellis that my wonderful husband made for me. If you are anything like me, you have a stash of pages torn from magazines that have been waiting for project time! Well that came this week. I have a wisteria vine that finally bloomed this year after at least 8 years in the ground!! I had put it on a metal trellis that was way too small and flimsy so I went to my "stash" of ideas and pulled out the plans for this trellis. It is made of cedar. The plans called for using 1" copper pipe! Ouch! That would have cost more than the wood so we decided to use PVC and paint it with aged copper spray paint. We love the look and at $2.57 for 10' lengths of PVC, much cheaper. We (I mean he) drilled holes in the cross piece and I pushed in some blue marbles. My wisteria got a new trellis and my husband got to play with all of his power tools! I think they are both very happy!

I'm joining Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm




No comments:

Post a Comment