Gallery

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sparkling Color


Is there anything more beautiful than a collection of Blenko Glass water pitchers with the light shining through them? I grew up about 10 miles from Blenko and as a child my family and I would go to the factory. I could walk onto the factory floor and actually stand next to the glass blowers! I could even go to the scrap pile behind the factory and find treasures like bottle stoppers and chunks of scrap glass. I had quite a collection. Then federal regulators made that a no-no. Bummer! I love these pieces and use them frequently. This is the original design and Blenko still makes them today. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. You have some lovely glass. I've always liked glass and have a collection also. Your right about the sun shining throught the glass it is beatiful.

    ReplyDelete