Gallery

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Are you old enough to remember a "gossip bench?" Well, I am but now people call them telephone benches or tables. I bought this beauty at a local thrift store for $7.00 and proceeded to bring it into the 21st century! This one is probably mid-century. I love that term which means around the 50's or 60's. It has been recovered in mauve and teal and that just wouldn't do so I reupholstered the seat and back and painted the dark finish in a soft gray. I think it turned out pretty nifty! That's a word from the mid-century too!! Enjoy!!!


3 comments:

  1. Love that fabric you used. What a great deal...and then you gave it a new life!
    Liz @ Quirky Vistas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out just lovely! I have redone a couple gossip benches, but none like this one. That double shelf looks really handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful makeover...love that fabric!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete