Gallery

Friday, August 22, 2014

It's pumpkin time!!

It is super hot here in North Carolina - 92 today - but I decided it was time to bring out the pumpkins! Maybe if I put out enough fall decorations, the weather will cool down!
I saw these cute pumpkin sets on Pinterest and decided to make a bunch using 2x6 or 2x4 lumber. I painted them with acrylic paints,

sanded them to distress the finish, stained them with dark walnut Minwax and then finished with a coat of Annie Sloan Clear Wax. This gave them a soft finish and really enhanced the staining and distressing. I then added those cute little curly q's that pumpkins have using green florist wire, added stems made from tree branches, and finished them with some raffia. Easy to do and fun!
Linking up to Coastal Charm Show and Share

2 comments:

  1. These turned out great! I love pumpkins and Fall and can't wait for it to finally get here!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trisha! These look great in unexpected places like in the powder room, under a sofa table or accent chair in the foyer, maybe just sitting in a basket on the stairs!

      Delete